(SOLVED)Historical Context of American Urban Planning
Discipline: Urban Planning and State and Local Government
Type of Paper: Essay (any type)
Academic Level: High school
Paper Format: APA
Scientific Research Research Design
Based on your readings thus far from the Learn items and your own research summarize and analyze two urban planning theories used in the U. S. Next, describe how other countries influenced the two urban planning selected.
Discuss how a biblical perspective can be applied to urban planning. Please use scripture(s) to support the position.
1. At least 750 words, thoroughly respond to each portion of the prompt, and demonstrate mastery of course content.
Must ground responses and lines of argumentation in the course readings with:
a. At least three (3) scholarly (peer-reviewed) citations
3. APA format – most current version
4. Reputable academic titles and articles may also be invoked to answer prompts (esp. those in recommended reading list). The recommended reading list is below:
· Read: Couch: Chapter 1Page
· Read: Stein: pp. 7 – 10External Url
· Read: Genesis 4:7External Url
· Read: Psalm 24External Url
· Read: 'Must Our Cities Remain Ugly?' – America's Urban Crisis and the European City: Transatlantic Perspectives On Urban Development, 1945 – 1970External Url
o Read: 'Must Our Cities Remain Ugly?' – America's Urban Crisis and the European City: Transatlantic Perspectives On Urban Development, 1945 – 1970
· Read: Collaborative Genius: The Regional Planning Association of AmericaExternal Url
o Read: Collaborative Genius: The Regional Planning Association of America
· Read: Individuals Who Influenced Planning Before 1978External Url
o Read: Individuals Who Influenced Planning Before 1978
· Read: National Planning Pioneers, 1986 – 2015External Url
o Read: National Planning Pioneers, 1986 – 2015
· Read: Garden Cities Of To-MorrowExternal Url
o Read: Garden Cities Of To-Morrow
· Read: Why New Cities Form: An Examination into Municipal Incorporation in the United States 1950 – 2010External Url
o Read: Why New Cities Form: An Examination into Municipal Incorporation in the United States 1950 – 2010
· Read: Towards a New Typology of Urban Planning TheoriesExternal Url
o Read: Towards a New Typology of Urban Planning Theories
· Read: History of Urban PlanningAttachment
o Read: History of Urban Planning
· Watch: Rational-Comprehensive Theory of PlanningPage
o Watch: Rational-Comprehensive Theory of Planning
· Watch: Incremental and Mixed ScanningPage
o Watch: Incremental and Mixed Scanning
EXPERT SOLUTION PREVIEW
Urban planning is the scientific and technical process that involves designing and developing land, air, water, and any infrastructure linking up to an urban area, including communication, transportation, and accessibility (Goetz et al., 2020). Urban planning determines how people will occupy, live or play in a particular area. Urban planning regulates the use of land intending to create sustainable communities and cities as evident in Luke 14:28-30 “For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish” (Bible, 2018). There are several urban planning theories, and this paper will discuss the advocacy planning theory and the transactive planning theory.
Urban planning is categorized into seven categories, namely, infrastructure planning, urban revitalization, economic development, environmental planning, master planning, strategic urban planning, and land-use planning (Bonakdar & Audirac, 2020). Urban planners should also commit their plans to God as it is in Proverbs 16:3 “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans” (Bible, 2018). This will ensure the effectiveness of the planning process.
Planning Theory 1
Advocacy planning theory is an inclusive and pluralistic urban planning theory formulated in the 1960s by planning scholar......
Page: 1 of 1