HCA 4301-21.01.01-2B24-S1, Budgeting in Health Care
Unit VII Essay
Picture yourself as a member of the administration team of a 253-bed healthcare facility. The community where the facility is located has a large corporation moving to town that is going to bring in 7,500 new jobs. Building has started to accommodate the higher population in the community. The administration team has decided to expand the healthcare facility by 150 beds, including expansion of the emergency department and two new intensive care units in preparation for the increased population in the community. The healthcare organization needs to obtain funding for the expansion.
Compose an essay discussing each of these details:
- the type of financing you will be looking for (equity or debt),
- the parties you will contact to obtain funding,
- the four primary purposes for investment management,
- the cash reserves you determine are needed,
- any long-term debt sources that may be needed as well, and
- how you will staff for the expansion.
Your essay must be at least four pages in length, not including the cover and references pages. Please include a minimum of three references, one of which may be your textbook. Adhere to APA Style when constructing this assignment, including in-text citations and references for all sources that are used. Please note that no abstract is needed.