For this activity, you will begin the critical analysis section of your project. This section will include assessing benefits, challenges, opportunities for change, and social practices. Completing this activity will result in a draft of the critical analysis section of your project. It also provides an opportunity to obtain valuable feedback from your instructor that you can incorporate into your project submission.
In this activity, you will analyze your topic using the general education lens you chose in the previous module in order to determine how the topic has affected institutions. During your analysis, you will also describe an element related to your topic that could benefit from change and assess the benefits and challenges associated with addressing wellness. Finally, you will analyze how modern social practices have been impacted by wellness.
Include diverse perspectives from varied sources to support your points. You should continue to gather the sources you will integrate into your project. These sources will include two resources from the module resource sections of this course and two resources that you find through your own research using the Shapiro Library. It may be beneficial to identify more than the number of sources required for the project so that you can eventually choose the most useful and credible ones. Look to the SNHU Shapiro Library for assistance in finding evidence and resources from outside the course.
You are not required to address each item below the rubric criteria, but you may use them to better understand the criteria and guide your thinking and writing.
Specifically, you must address the following:
- Integrate reliable evidence from varied sources throughout your paper to support your analysis.
- It is important to draw from a more diverse pool of perspectives from varied sources to support the analysis. This is different from the Citations and Attributions rubric criterion.
- Reliable evidence from varied sources should be interwoven throughout the paper itself, while citing and attributing sources will be represented as APA in-text citations and a reference list at the end of your work.
- You will be evaluated on both criteria.
- Analyze your chosen issue or event through one of the general education interdisciplinary lenses to determine its impact on various institutions.
- Apply the perspective of the general education lens you chose in the previous module to your topic. Then determine how the topic might affect institutions such as politics, community, family, economy, education, or market-driven organizations.
- Describe at least one specific element that could benefit from change within your topic.
- Consider how your topic has been discussed and represented. What approaches could be more constructive? What could be done differently to encourage, promote, or transform your topic? This response is not simply your opinion but should be supported by reliable evidence.
- Assess the benefit and challenges of addressing issues in wellness.
- What may be the positive impact of critically analyzing wellness? Conversely, what are the more difficult aspects of addressing wellness? This part refers to wellness overall and is not specifically about your project topic.
- Analyze how social practices have been shaped by issues and events in wellness in modern culture.
- How have contemporary social practices been influenced by wellness? For example, consider practices such as communication, cultural expression, governance, or caregiving.