- medical indications (part 1)
- patient preferences (part 1)
- quality of life, and (part 2)
- contextual features (part 2).
Segment 1 will include analysis of medical indications and patient preferences. Segment 1 should be no more than 3 pages in length.
Segment 2 will be due 3 weeks after segment 1. It will include assessment of quality-of-life considerations and contextual features and an organized problem-solving section that:
- defines the ethical problem(s)
- identifies three or more alternatives for resolving the values conflict or distress
- evaluates each of the option, and
- makes a justified recommendation.
Segment 2 should also be no more than 3 pages in length.
You may select any case from Kuczewski’s Ethics casebook for hospitals, with the exception of case 9 that I analyze extensively as an example for you. You may also use a case from a scholarly source such as the American Medical Association’s online ethics journal: Journal of Ethics | American Medical Association (ama-assn.org)Links to an external site.. Any case you select should have enough detail for your analysis to demonstrate your assessment for the 4 areas/topics and your problem solving skills.