I’m working on a health & medical multi-part question and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
Attention & Substance Related Disorders
Answer the questions below based on the following case study.
An 8-year-old boy is repeatedly in trouble at school. He has been threatened with suspension after he was verbally and physically aggressive to his teacher. The school has suggested that he has a problem with his concentration and advised his parents to seek help. The school also referred him to the school child psychologist. He keeps wriggling in his seat. His mother says his concentration is fine when he is playing on his computer. What worries her is that he does not seem to think before he does things and will run out across the road without looking.
- Summarize the clinical case.
- What is the DSM 5-TR diagnosis based on the information provided in the case?
- Which pharmacological treatment would you prescribe according to the clinical guidelines? Include the rationale for this treatment.
- Which non-pharmacological treatment would you prescribe according to the clinical guidelines? Include the rationale for this treatment excluding a psychotherapeutic modality.
- Include an assessment of the treatment’s appropriateness, cost, effectiveness, safety, and potential for patient adherence to the chosen medication. Use a local pharmacy to research the cost of the medication and provide the most cost-effective choice for the patient. Use great detail when answering questions 3-5.