1. What are the key points of contention on this topic?
2. What side of the argument (stance) do you take on this topic?
3. Of the four responses offered in the scenario, which do you think is the most ethical and
4. What strong points does the other side of this topic have?
5. What were the three most important things you took away from the topic?
6. Which ethical theory (Kant; Act Utilitarianism; Rule Utilitarianism; Care Ethics; Virtue
Ethics; and Social Contract) would you apply to this topic to defend your stance?
a. In this reflection you must first define the key terms of the debate (for example,
define what Euthanasia/Abortion/Stem Cell/Public Health/PreNatal
Testing/Animal Research/Health Care, etc. means and what are the different
types depending on which topic you are discussing)
b. Define and explain the ethical theory you chose (show me you know exactly
what the theory is and does – in your own words)
c. Present the evidence both pro and con and follow up how using your ethical
theory is the best way to determine whether or not your stance is really ethical