Case Study #2: Diabetes
Hannah is a 10-year-old girl who has recently been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes mellitus. She is a 4th grade student at Hendricks Elementary School. Prior to her diagnosis, Hannah was very involved in sports and played on the girls’ volleyball team. Her mother is concerned about how the diagnosis will affect Hannah.
Write a 2–3 page expository paper (minimum of 1000 words) discussing the following points relating to the case study patient you selected:
- Include a definition of the actual disease or condition.
- The signs and symptoms of the disease.
- Identify the factors that could have caused or lead to the particular disease or condition (Pathogenesis).
- Describe body system changes as a result of the disease process.
- Discuss the economic impact of the chronic disease.
- At least three professional references must be included. All internet sources must be original articles or government resources. Wikipedia or other non-peer reviewed resources are not acceptable.
- Include a title and reference page (these do not count towards the 2–3 page requirement).
- Present your paper as a professional review of the case study. Avoid conversational format.