healthcare economics of two adjacent counties in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Read Case 2.1 in Chapter 2 of your textbook.
In your journal assignment, answer the following case study questions:
- What are the main inputs to health mentioned in this case? Are there important inputs to health that the case does not mention?
- What health behaviors should get priority?
- Does income play a role in improving health?
- How important is health insurance in improving health?
- Wyandotte County has relatively few primary care physicians. Should the number of primary care physician be a priority?
- What role, if any, should the federal government play in improving health?
- How do you think your answers would differ if you were a resident of Wyandotte County?
Support your responses with examples from the case or references to your textbook.