You will retrieve and synthesize information and create an oral presentation with a script from the consumer perspective, healthcare perspective, and the administrative perspective on one of the following population health topics:
- Establishing patient health registries.
- Acquire electronic external data (i.e., data from outside the HIS).
- Communicate with patients electronically.
- Electronically track specific outcomes.
In your presentation, provide a thorough background on your topic. Think about your topic and discuss the challenges and considerations needed regarding:
- Clinical decision support
- Care team workflow, and connectivity
- Organizational issues
- Identifying a starting point
- Understanding patient attribution
- Stratifying patients by risk
- Hiring or reallocating staff members
- Getting paid for population health
- Developing acceptance of new workflows
- Bolstering patient engagement
- Coordinating care across the continuum